Re: TurboCad

I'm one.  But it wasn't either that easy or that reasonable.

I bit the bullet and enrolled in an AUTOCAD class in the local Junior
College.  At the same time I purchased Acad, and started my first project
on it (I took a bath on the project, but had to start somewhere).

If you're small like I am, I'd recommend Intellicad.  It's Acad compatible
thru R14, and an Acad class will have direct application to Icad.  And Icad
can be had "for cheap".  Last month CDW had Icad98 upgrade for Acad users
for $135.  It's the same disk and material as Icad98.  And it blows ACAD LT
away.

I recently got the following.  You may want to go the independent study
route.

*********************************
Attention IntelliCAD 98 users: KnowledgeWorks and Visio are pleased to
announce the launch of "Introduction to IntelliCAD 98," the latest training
title endorsed as IntelliCAD Authorized Training Curriculum.

This manual, appropriate for either self-paced or classroom training,
teaches students how to create detailed two-dimensional drawings using
IntelliCAD 98's powerful features.  Concise topical coverage of
IntelliCAD's drawing and editing tools illustrates the most efficient
methods for creating drawings.  Over thirty hands-on exercises reinforce
the concepts with sample architectural and mechanical drawings.
Additionally, students use many of the skills they acquire to accurately
create the front and side view of a detailed flat-panel display monitor
drawing, starting with a blank drawing file.

As a Summer Special (ends 8/15/99), Introduction to IntelliCAD 98 is
available for $34.95 (a $10 savings) by mentioning this e-mail blast
promotion.  Call 1-800-964-5194 or e-mail kwsales(--nospam--at)uol.com to order your
copy today.

Fountain E. Conner, P.E.
Gulf Breeze, Fl. 32561