RE: Seismic - Isolating CMU infill wall

Dr. Mr. Lema
Thanks for the reminder / opinion. I'll check that all the structures that
I'll design will not behave in an unsoundly manner. The frame might or will
lean against the wall because of the different stiffness properties of the
frame members and the loadings but only a part of the column will lean if it
really does.

If I would go for you suggestion which is acceptable, I may be inclined to
use
branded CHB and not the normal ones. These are a bit expensive and may
produce uneconomical design. It's much better here to isolate and provide
lean concrete than rely on some walls.