Re: Seismic - Isolating CMU infill wall

Okay, now.  I have been trying to figure out what a "CHB" is.  At first, I
thought it might be clay brick (fired).  Now, it sounds like unfired clay
(adobe), or partially fired mud adobe (burnt adobe).  Mixed at the site???

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Alfonso S. Quilala Jr. wrote:

. > CHBs are not.  They are mixed at the site with some kind of proportion
. > and without the benefit of testing.  For all I know, CHB's strength is
. > only about 200 psi (I'm not sure on this).  If your clay brick is the
. > same as CHB in reliability then it is hard to use the infilled walls to
. > resist lateral loads without the support of standard testing.