RE: Soil Stabilization

I have been involved in a similar situation.  Our solution was
to drive piles near the 4 corners of the machinery.  We then placed
steel beams from corner to corner.  Then on a weekend we picked up the
machinery, added more steel to the base, and set the machinery back
into place.  This approach allowed the machinery to run without any
unscheduled downtime.

We had also looked at soil stabilization, but
the downtime for the plant was going to be in the neighborhood of
8 days.

Gordon Yutzy PE