125' long steel truss, connection questi

Simon Solorio wrote:

>>>Questions;
1. the top and bottom chords are going to be a continuous pipe, so when I
analyse the truss should I assume the connection at the node intersections (at
the chords only) fixed or should I analyse it assuming the the chords are
pinned between each node of the truss?

2. the pipe web members are going to welded to the pipe chord members with
fillet welds, where can i find information on how much fixity i should design
this connection.

The architect does not want to see any plates, ... <<<

Wait until the architect finds out how much it costs to cut the pipes for the
proper fit!

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona