RE: 125' long steel truss, connection question

Curt makes a good point.  As a senior "old-timer" once explained to me:

Although not exactly desireable guess where a plastic hinge will first form
in your top chord ?
Bingo ! At the panel point . . .
Guess what? now you've got the "pinned" condition of the classical truss
model.

I never completely bought that for fear of loss of tensile or compressive
capacity at the plastic hinge that forms and have always kinda done what
Curt suggests.