RE: 125' long steel truss, connection question

Traditional truss design assumes that all connections are pinned, even
though chords may be continuous in reality.  Such a design should be
adequate - however you could also run an analysis with fixed connections to
"bracket" the "real" stresses.

Simon Solorio, P.E.  wrote:

 the top and bottom chords are going to be a continuous pipe, so when I
analyse the truss should I assume the connection at the node intersections
(at the chords only) fixed or should I analyse it assuming the the chords
are pinned between each node of the truss?