From: David Handy [mailto:dhandy(--nospam--at)trg.ca]
Sent: Thursday, June 24, 1999 7:28 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: castellated beams

I am looking at some castellated beams as shown below

------------------------
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-
------------------------

I have analysed them for bending and deflection. I am wondering about shear
response however.
Does anybody have advice or a good reference?
Do I check as per

         _
fv = V A y
     -----