RE: Shotcrete Loading

A. Yango,

Shotcrete = Pneumatically Placed Mortar (PPM) = Gunite (TM)

The method where mortar (concrete) is blown against earth/forms using
compressed air.  The mortar can be a wet mix or a dry mix where the water is
inserted at the nozzle.  Most commonly used in construction of in-ground
residential swimming pools and slope protection at bridge abutments.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

A. Yango wrote:

I just would like to ask what is shotcreting. We might have an equivalent
term for that here in PI. Thanks.