RE: E and O Ins.

Ken,

Get a sample policy from both companies.  Read both sample policies
carefully, especially the ASCE policy.

The last time I read the ASCE policy it had a provision in there that the
insured is to defend the claim up to the limits of the deductible and *THEN*
the insurer will look at the claim and *THEN* decide whether or not to take
over defense of the claim.

My evaluation of the ASCE E&O insurance:

1. Very cheap, and you can then say that you have coverage.

2. You don't and won't know if you have coverage until after a claim is made.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

Kenneth Tarlow wrote:

. > Does anyone have experience with the ASCE insurance plan. It is
. > slightly less than DPIC and their is no test.