Re: Shotcrete Loading

From: Laurence B. Oeth III <viacalx(--nospam--at)europa.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Sunday, June 27, 1999 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: Shotcrete Loading

>Hasan Hindawi wrote:
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I've used guniting in several relatively small scale domes. The problem
is
>> that the procedure does not give you the specified concrete design
strength.
>> Therefore, samples should be taken and tested prior to guniting the
actual
>> structure.

design was 4000psi. But the contractor convinced the client that he could
finish the job faster using the above approach. We requested tests prior to
the original casting regardless of his track record because, I am talking
about a job in the United Arab Emirates. It is located on the Persian Gulf,
where the tempertaures reach 115f during the day.  He only acheived 2800psi.
We had to redesign the domes.