Re: 1997 UBC Simplified Design

In a message dated 6/28/99 9:45:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
jtaeng(--nospam--at)pacbell.net writes:

<<
 I recently attended the SEAOC Seismic Design Manual (Vol. 1) seminar that
 was held on June 12. During the presentation of determining the simplified
 design base shear per example 20 in the Seismic Design Manual, I believe
 that the speaker mentioned that a rigidity analysis would not be required
 as the loading is conservative using this method. Is this correct?

I was at that seminar and I believe that that's what the speaker said.  I
tried to talk to him during the break but unfortunately I could not t get to
him.  Maybe someone else has additional information on this subject.

Andy