 From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:SMAXWELL(--nospam--at)dt.smithgroup.com]
Subject: A question about UBC seismic

This is in reference to the 1997 UBC.  If you are in seismic zone 0 (zero),
do you have to do any seismic lateral load analysis for the entire building
(i.e. simplified static lateral force procedure or static lateral force
procedure)?  I have read through the code and see nothing that says that no
calculations are necessary, but then there is no seismic zone factor (Z)
listed in table 16-I for a seismic zone of 0.