TJI Rim Joist Vs. Cont. Blocking

A local collegue specified continuous TJI blocking at all perimeter bearing
walls (assumed 2x6). Instead, Trus-Joist delivered the floor joists and a
MicroLam Rim Joist.
I've seen the detail recommendation in TJI's catalog and never felt
comfortable using a Rim Joist to prevent rotation of the joists. I see that
it is an applicable shear transfer so long as the diaphragm extends over the
top of the rim joist and the Rim Joist is adequately connected to the sill
plate.

What are some of the opinions out there. The construction is in seismic zone
4 and is within 15 miles of an active fault (San Andreas).

Dennis Wish PE