Re: TJI Rim Joist Vs. Cont. Blocking

Good question, Dennis.  Actually, Enrique called me from the job site to
explain this detail to me, how it was a standard construction detail done all
the time, yada, yada.  It still looks mickey mouse to me  and 2-10d box nails
aren't going to prevent rollover of the TJI's.  Besides, it's end nail
penetration into the top and bottom TJI chords-- the worst connection you
could have for wood  construction IMO.  I agreed to accept the Timberstrand
rimboard only if they added an upright 2x4 adjacent to the TJI, nail through
the TJI web and nail through the rimboard with 3-10d commons.  That ought to
hold it.  These were roof trusses BTW.  Thanks for the tip re: the plotter
Y-coordinate.
Denise