RE: Highway Bridge Design Reference

One really good book that the "kids" in my office seem to rave about, is
"Bridge Engineering" by Demetrios Tonias. It is written and presented in a
very entertaining, graphics-intensive style, yet conveys a surprising amount
of hard information for something that looks like it could have been
published by the "Time-Life" book series.

Oh, and I think you can relax about the possibility that you will see such a
problem on a Texas P.E. exam, unless you're taking the Structural portion.

Regards.

Bill Polhemus, P.E. (Texas)