Re: Cutting a Glulam Beam

In a message dated 6/30/99 6:20:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time, wellive(--nospam--at)ibm.net
writes:

What a great way to learn. Thanks Barry, I had no idea.  Does a GLB that is
not specified to be cambered arrive at the site with the top designated? I
never really thought about this one and considered the plys to be consistent
all the way through.

Therefore, Shafat, disregard my response except to recommend the client use a
sectional door.
Dennis

<< Yes.

 The tension lamination splices are specifically located in this zone and as
you
 creep up into it's depth you may be getting into less desirable laps and
wood.

 Barry H. Welliver
 Draper, UT >>