Re: '97 UBC - R values for structures with Pendulums

Andy,
This was why I sent you the breakdown. I too have seen very few rectangular
residential custom homes. This has been my biggest complaint on the design
examples. They provide very basic examples and ignore the type of geometry
that we deal with daily like "U" shaped and "V" shaped or polygonal. What
about those strucutres where the shearwalls are set at 45degrees to one
another?
The problem is that the design examples are simply not practicle for
practicing engineers who have to be creative.

Regards,
dennis

In a message dated 7/3/99 7:35:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, NDZ28(--nospam--at)aol.com