Re: '97 UBC - R values for structures with Pendulums

In a message dated 7/3/99 10:24:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Seaintonln(--nospam--at)AOL.COM writes:

<< The Volume II of the '97 UBC Design Manual contains the same example that
 Doug Thompson and Ron Nelson used in the Feb 21, 1998 SEAOSC seminar. A few
 items were clarified, but for the most part it is the same. I have a draft
of
 the manual since I was involved in verifying the Cold Form Steel Problem
 (number 3): Here is a list of what should (unless changed) appear in the
 second volume:

 Ex 1. Two story (retangular) residence - wood framing
 Ex 2. Three story (rectangular) 30-unit Hotel Structure - wood framing
 Ex 3. Three story same as #2 with metal stud framing (lateral design only)

Dennis, thanks for your reply.  However, it's been a very long time since I
have seen a rectangular two story residence.  Unfortunately most of my
architects in the Los Angeles area, are getting very 'creative' with their
building shapes. That's why I was hoping to see several problems covering
wood framed buildings, including at least one fully worked out problem of an
irregular shaped two story home, with calculations for the irregularities,
deflections, rigid/flexible diaphragm, etc., etc. Any idea when Volume II is
released?  Dennis thanks for all the work you've been doing. It is really
appreciated.

Andy