Re: More questions about rigid plywood Diaphragms

There is a design example of solving a plywood shearwall with an opening in
the seminar notes from the February 1998 '97 UBC Seminar" conducted by
SEAOSC. The example came from Ron Nelson and Doug Thompson and I would
recommend that you contact SEAOSC (seaos(--nospam--at)aol.com) for a copy of the notes or
see if Ron Nelson can provide you with an example at no cost.

Dennis S. Wish PE

PS. We are all in the same boat as you are an probably more confused:>)