Re: '97 UBC - R values for structures with Pendulums

The Volume II of the '97 UBC Design Manual contains the same example that
Doug Thompson and Ron Nelson used in the Feb 21, 1998 SEAOSC seminar. A few
items were clarified, but for the most part it is the same. I have a draft of
the manual since I was involved in verifying the Cold Form Steel Problem
(number 3): Here is a list of what should (unless changed) appear in the
second volume:

Ex 1. Two story (retangular) residence - wood framing
Ex 2. Three story (rectangular) 30-unit Hotel Structure - wood framing
Ex 3. Three story same as #2 with metal stud framing (lateral design only)
Ex 4. Reinforced Concrete wall - 8 story parking garage
Ex 5. Missing from my draft
Ex 6. Missing from my draft
Ex 7. Seven Story Concrete SMRF Building
Ex 8. Tilt-up Building
Ex 9. Masonry Shearwall Building
Ex 10A. Special Concentric Braced Frame
Ex 10B. Ordinary Concentric Braced Frame
Ex 10C. Chevron Braced Frame
Ex 11. Eccentric Braced Frame Building
Ex 12A. Steel Special Moment Resisting Frame building (4 story)
Ex 12B. Steel Ordinary Moment Resisting Frame (4 story)

Dennis Wish PE

In a message dated 7/2/99 10:54:29 AM Pacific Daylight Time, NDZ28(--nospam--at)aol.com