Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fee Information Sharing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Fee Information Sharing
- From: "Laurence B. Oeth III" <viacalx(--nospam--at)europa.com>
- Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 08:58:35 -0500
I'd like to chirp in on the fee issue. Isn't it funny how lawyers set Title Insurance fees by statute (at very lucrative levels), but then don't let engineers even discuss fees? I think we should have an on-line database of project descriptions and fees. If the legal profession wants to claim "price-fixing" then let the burden of proof fall to them. How can they prove "price fixing" when it doesn't occur? Even Home Depot is allowed to keep track of competitors posted prices! If there is disquiet about showing fees, then how about a database of project scope descriptions along with associated professional and technical hours expended? This would be even more useful, since we all have different local billing rates. It also is even further from the "price-fixing" claim since no dollars are discussed (would the lawyers want to stop doctors from comparing notes on how long heart bypasses take?). Laurence Oeth, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Federal building code future
- Next by Subject: Re: Fee Information Sharing
- Previous by thread: Re: Wall anchorage to steel deck
- Next by thread: Re: Fee Information Sharing