Re: Structural Engineers' eBook

John Ott wrote:

>>I can attach the example to the file and you can read it on MathCad.
However, without that the graphics, for some reason unknown to me, do not
seem to make it through the e-mail. When I e-mail it to one of my other
screen names it works perfect, but I have had enough complaints that the file
was not received that I have resorted to simply using snail mail.

If you will get me an address I will forward the example to you. Sorry that
e-mail doesn't seem to work with cut and paste. It does for me, but it sure
doesn't for some others. Possibly it will work on AOL, but not others. I do
not know the reason. <<

John,

>From what I understand, AOL uses a version of MIME that does not check for
dropped characters when it sends binary attachments over the Internet.
Probably much like Compuserve, when you send binary files to another address
on Compuserve, there is no need to MIME encode the file.

If you want to send a binary file as an attachment, manually encode it using
UUENCODE and make sure the extension is .UUE so the recipient's program can
automatically decode it into the original binary file.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona