Re: bidding [was: (Over-Runs)]

>Bidding at an auction, for example,
>includes re submitting a new "bid" as and when levels of "bidding" become
>known.
Sounds more like what I think of as 'bidding.' I think if anyone came
back with a lower price after giving me a proposal, I'd be hard pressed
to know if he was trying to buy the business with his second figure or
pick my pocket with the first. Either way, I'd be likely to say, 'Thanks,
but no thanks.'

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw