From: Greg Smith [mailto:strusup(--nospam--at)gte.net]
Sent: 2. júlí 1999 15:20
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: More questions about rigid plywood Diaphragms

     I'm sure that there are sections in the code requiring an analysis of
this but wouldn't the code be equally satisfied if you used strongbacks on
the rafters and braced down and across creating an inverted delta?
the lower point of the delta would transfer the shear to a horizontal
diaphram on the ceiling joists which would transfer the force to shear walls
below.
     As Nels mentioned, the vertical shearing force would still be at the
ridge but would be decreased in proportion to the height of the delta.

Greg