Re: Pendulum response

In a message dated 7/2/99 12:20:06 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Seaintonln(--nospam--at)AOL.COM writes:

<<
 Bill,
 I thought you disappeared as I had written you three emails regarding the '97
  UBC Wood Seminar Examples which you created and received no responses.
I'll
 get to those in a minute:

Dennis, very well put.  The few (very few) seminar that have been offered on
the '97 UBC and related subjects have not been sufficient to make one
proficient in the use of the code.  Thus publishing a variety of fully worked
out examples I believe is real crucial.  But what is taking so long.  The 97
code has been out for almost two years.  Just the fact that worked out
problems are not yet out  reflects the complexity of this code, especially
when it comes to wood framed buildings. ( A publisher could make a small
fortune if they could come up with something soon.)  What makes matters even
worse is that the 2000 IBC will force us to relearn the entire code from what
I've been told.

Andy