Re: GRS Conduit

David,

Per the Standard Specifications for Public Works Construction (Greenbook),
conduit for this purpose requires only UL stamp/certification on GRS.  No ASTM
no is listed.  However, there is a special galvanizing requirement that must be
complied with wich is ASTM F1083.  I believe this standard deals with means and
method of appling galvanizing.   The Greenbook requires minimum of 1.8oz per
sq. ft.  I hope this helps.

Shashi Bhakta

>>> "PEC - Lake City" <pec(--nospam--at)isgroup.net> 07/02/99 10:15AM >>>
I need to specify on a set of drawings some galvanized rigid steel conduit
(GRS) that will hold fiber optic cables.  The conduit will be located
beneath a bridge deck and will be supported from the deck using proprietary
hangers.

Is there a ASTM designation or some other industry standard (perhaps a UL
listing?) for calling out the conduit?

David Finley, P.E.