RE: bidding [was: (Over-Runs)]

>Then you say,
>"good, why don't you send over a cost proposal?"
OK, say the potential client wants to talk with two or three other
engineers--get a second opinion. He asks them all for a proposal, which
should be OK, and picks the proposal that looks like the best deal. What
I hear is that getting the second opinion, including the cost proposal is
bidding, but assuming that the first guy I talk to knows everything is
professionally ethical.

There must be more to it than that. I'm a tax-and-spend Democrat, but it
seems like issuing a license to steal is buying _anything_ let alone
professional services strictly based on the first guy I talk to.

http://www.skypoint.com/~chrisw