Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Fear of Snakebite[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Fear of Snakebite
- From: Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 19:41:41 -0400
Fountain, I could not find a "Cupid" virus listed on Symantec's virus list (www.symantec.com/avcenter/ and click on "More virus information"), but it doesn't mean that it isn't a virus. Why don't you e-mail the person who sent it and ask him/her what the attachment is, what it does, and why did they send it without it being requested? Other than that, wait a few days to a week and check Symantec's site again and keep an eye on the newspapers. A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural) Tucson, Arizona Fountain Conner wrote: >>I just got an e-mail from a well-meaning, but computer illiterate friend. The attachment is "cupid41.exe". It scanned "clean", but these things come out so fast, I'm not very trusting. Has anyone out there had any bad (or good) experiences with this one? If it's a virus, or worm, or whatever, I don't need a dose of it. <<
- Prev by Subject: Fear of Snakebite
- Next by Subject: Federal building code future
- Previous by thread: Fear of Snakebite
- Next by thread: Bad news Structural Engineer ??