RE: Sulfate bearing soil

James:

Almost all of the soils around Las Vegas are "hot" and we''ve been
specifying Type V, f'c = 4500 psi for some time and haven't had any
problems.  The foundations are usually 60" dia. x 25 foot piers.

Usually a local plant, such as Harald suggests, will have a standard mix
design that you can review.

Neil Moore, S.E.