Re: 1997 UBC EQ Requirements

Bill -

Thanks for the input.  I had not read the footnote so now it looks like the
use of 1.3 is even more justified out to the 5km line in the book, unless I
want to plot it out.  Also, I am aware of the steel frame connection
penalties.  We've had them in similar fashion in the old Code since the 1994
EQ.

Thanks again.

Bruce Resnick, SE
Parker Resnick Str. Eng.

In a message dated 7/1/99 9:54:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time, bcain(--nospam--at)ebmud.com