RE: Eating $$ (Over-Runs)

Some have. Most are not. That is the way of things when you're talking about
reality.

When you see the reports in your P.E. Board newsletter, of those who are
being disciplined for various infractions of the licensing regulations, you
can rest assured you're seeing only the tip of the iceberg in comparison
with those infractions that are going unreported.

The licensing regulations require that you notify the board if you have
credible reasons to believe that an infraction has occurred. If you don't
report it, you're equally liable under the board rules. But I'm not talking
about a specific infraction, I'm talking about generalities.

IMO, when you allow "bidding" of engineering services, this is what you'll
get.