Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Coupling Beams - Diagonal Reinf Development Length[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: Coupling Beams - Diagonal Reinf Development Length
- From: "Rodrigo Lema" <rlema(--nospam--at)arnet.com.ar>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 13:57:21 -0300
You have to let the diagonal reinforcement transfer its full capacity to the reinforcement on the walls, that is, you will need full development length at each side. The factor 1.5 suggested by Prof. Paulay is just another extension of the principles of the capacity design philosophy: you don't want a bond failure in your beams. Rodrigo Lema.
- Prev by Subject: Corrosion resistant fasteners
- Next by Subject: Coupling Beams/Link Beams Anchorage Length
- Previous by thread: Re: ETABS Modelling-Flexible Floor
- Next by thread: GRS Conduit