Re: Engineers LOW PROFILE

As an immigrant to this Country,  I feel that engineers are not as
prestigious as lawyers and doctors.  In my country, lawyers and doctors are
just a notch higher in social status than engineers.  But in this Country,
my impression is that engineers are way below than lawyers and doctors.

Lawyers and doctors are addressed as Attorney and Doctor respectively while
engineers is simply Mister, like an ordinary older person.  In our country,
an engineer is addressed as Engineer, not Mister.  This indicate your status,
socially or professionally.  In this country,  they don't even know what is
P.E. at the end of a registered engineer.  I have been asked so many times by
people who have been here troughout their lives and people who are in the
construction industry.

If we address each other and insinuate relatives, friends, acquaintances,
clients, etc. to address us Engineer then at least we will eventually be
recognized slowly but surely in the future.

How about starting it now!

Engr. Alfonso S. Quilala Jr.

(Instead of Alfonso S. Quilala Jr., P.E.)