RE: More questions about rigid plywood Diaphragms

Dennis, I was, I think, just refering to the the defination for flexible,
stif and rigid diaprhagm and the formulas 8-2, 8-6 and 8-7 in FEMA273 and
ASCEE/FEMA273 1 drawt Prestandard for a unglued blocked diaprhagm. I was
just emphasising the defination for stif diaprhagm not being rigid, that is
not being able to transfer rotation in it's plan. When I say, it is very
likly that the diaphragms shall be calculated asuming flexible diaphragms, I
meant calculated using the simplified flexible methode or the tribute area
methode.  I maybe wrong but this assumption is based on my caculations. I
was expecting you to comment on this subject earlier the FEMA273 and
ASCEE/FEMA273 1 drawt Prestandard.
I know things are complicated, openings, aspect ratios, elastic design,
strenght design etc., but I think there is a need for simplified methodes in
the Codes for the design of small houses because of small fees, specialy for
wood houses. The computer calculations may all be fine, but the end results
are never better than the assumptions and the data that we use in the
calculations.  So I think there some room for simplifications.
Dennis I will e-mail you privatly my calculations and an example of the
danish methode for small houses for review and mayby something extra if your
bandwith can take it ( just a joke ).

My 10 cent's
Einar Einarsson, CE.