From: Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com <Rbengrguy(--nospam--at)aol.com>
To: oakfordm(--nospam--at)rsec.com <oakfordm(--nospam--at)rsec.com>
Date: Monday, July 05, 1999 6:29 AM
Subject: SE Licensing

:Dear Mr. Oakford:
:
:Got your message re: SE  Licensing requirements
:
:Thanks:
:
:As PR Chair for SEAOI  and public Advocacy Committee chair NCSEA  I
forwarded
:it to my SE's contacts in these organizations.
:
:Another issue to consider is reciprocity -  comity requirements
:
:I am licensed SE  in Illinois.  I had great difficulties in obtaining a PE
:license in Indiana  to practice structural engineering in Indiana
:
:Indiana has No separate registration for SE's.  Even though my Illinois
SE's
:requirements are more stringent than Indiana's I was denied a license to
:practice structural enginnering because i apparently did not satisfy their
:basic, general  engineering knowledge requirements.  It took almost ONE
YEAR
:but i finally got my license.  Support for my case from  Structural
:Engineering organizations was virtually non existant.
:
:Bob  Johnson
:1409  Rachel  Lane
:Buffalo Grove,  IL  60089