RE: Engineers LOW PROFILE

Band width is being waisted with too much with an issue that could be
titled
"The influence of predjuice in the people´s perception of people". And that
is matter for sociologists, psycologists or may be journalists.

Anyway I agree completly with the position of Roger Turk.

Rodrigo Delgado Zirpel
dconltd(--nospam--at)entelchile.net

----------
> De: ASQUILALA(--nospam--at)aol.com
> A: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Asunto: Re: Engineers LOW PROFILE
> Fecha: Lunes 5 de Julio de 1999 10:19 PM
>
> Roger,
>
> You know that I'm not after the titles of royalty.  You are so unfair to
> excerpt some portion of my letter without responding to its whole
meaning.
> Then you try to cite a very extreme example.
>
> Let's face it.  People are judgmental.  As the saying goes, first
impression
> is lasting.  If you introduce me to your judge friend and I happen not to

> like his physical appearance how would I know that he is intellectual?
But
> if you tell me that he is Judge Jack right there and then I will have an
idea
> who he is.  I will know that this man in front of has work hard to
becoming a
> judge. If you are intelligent, you know what I mean.
>
> Next time if you cite an example try to compare apples to apples.  An
> ordinary engineer I suppose earn more money than an ordinary junkmen.
But
> this is not the gist of discussion anyway.  What engineers are
complaining is
> there no recognition of our profession.  And I suggested that we start by

> addressing ourselves Engineers. Somebody suggested that we should not use

> title but let's educate the public instead.  But calling ourselves
Engineers