Re: More questions about rigid plywood Diaphragms

From: NDZ28(--nospam--at)aol.com <NDZ28(--nospam--at)aol.com>
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Date: Saturday, July 03, 1999 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: More questions about rigid plywood Diaphragms

>In a message dated 7/2/99 7:03:37 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
>jbotch(--nospam--at)isp1.blissnet.com writes:
>
>Joe its not you that's crazy. It's this new code

The problem is that code work is done by  small (dedicated) groups. In some
areas of interest the group could be described as ELITIST. What is lacking
is a review process that allows the profession as a whole to participate
BEFORE publication. Now I'm sure that one of the elitists would answer this
with facts that subcommittee meetings are open, hearings are held etc, but
that would be self serving hogwash. It remains true that the process remains
inaccessible to most practitioners and it need not be.