Re: Engineers LOW PROFILE

Nothing bad about sporting a title.

I use one bestowed on me by my former mother-in-law, who is now 90. For many
years after her daughter left, the old lady would appear at my house in mid
morning, look around with a critical eye, and declare that I was "a damn
fool" for the latest error or omission in my ways. Then we would have coffee
and she would clean up the house or yard, after which we had dinner and I
took her home. Her other daughter's man likewise was a chronic damn fool. We
both took to using the initials "DF" after our names to indicate this
special title.

One time I explained this special "DF" title to the building department
while accounting for the then- unfamiliar "DF" usage in a certain I-Joist
maker's designations. They accepted both versions, and the plans were
approved.

Charles O. Greenlaw, SE, DF    Sacramento CA