RE: Long-length high-strength steel rods with splices

I suggest that you call Cleveland City Forge (216/526-1600). They are one
manufacturer of rods with upset ends and can help you select materials and
dimensioning appropriately. Upset ends are generally formed, not welded
together out of large and small diameter rods, though. The person with whom
I have talked there is Bud Parka.

Charlie