RE: Standing Seam Metal Roof

IMO, a very good idea.

> We will have wood trusses with plywood decking, but I would
> think that we
> would also need some sort of a 1x or 2x purlin system so that
> the metal roof
> fasteners will have adequate material  to fasten to.  Is
> there a better
> solution?

Admittedly I am not an "expert" on SSMR systems. However, in my experience,
such roof systems do not of course provide any lateral (diaphragm)
stiffness, so plywood-over-joists sounds wise. I do think you'll need
"purlins" going between joists for the SSMR gadgets to attach to, yes.  You
don't need anything more than would be required to space such gadgets.

I have no doubt but what a SSMR system manufacturer's rep will be happy to
give you what literature you need on the subject.