Standing Seam Metal Roof

Dave,

Contact the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) on installation
requirements for roofing of all types.
      web:  www.nrca.net
      e-mail:  nrca(--nospam--at)nrca.net

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona

David Finley wrote:

>>Our local soccer association is building a new 2-story building for
concessions, restrooms, storage, etc.  Originally we were going to use
shingles but now we are considering a metal roof.

We will have wood trusses with plywood decking, but I would think that we
would also need some sort of a 1x or 2x purlin system so that the metal roof
fasteners will have adequate material  to fasten to.  Is there a better
solution?<<