RE: Concrete Slab Cracking

The entire area is not airconditioned. That's where we repair vehicles
(large and small). Although a minor poblem for now it may: 1. Be an eyesore.
2. Cause seepage of water. 3. Future deterioration. 4. Endless repair.

O.K. We have suggested the contractor to apply an epoxy or grout to the
cracks but it will not stop the main problem. What do you think is the best
solution for this. ( Pls. don't that the contractor will have to demolish
the existing slab and create a new slab on fill.)  I verified from the
structural engineers of the project that they have designed a  slab on grade
but during construction instructed the contractors to tie it to the pile
caps and tie-bm. I guess its for diaphragm action in case of EQ.

A. Yango