ASCE

Phil Hodge asks:

. > Appreciate the question and response re "Fellow" grade in ASCE.  Agrees
. > with what I'd always thought, but I just figured I was a contrary old
. > curmudgeon.

. > What about even "Member" vs "Associate"?  Is there any advantage to
. > being a "Member" over an "Associate"?

I never could see an advantage of being a "Member" of ASCE over an "Associate
Member," however, there is/was an age limit of 35 for Associate, which is
when I, and most of the people that I knew, transferred (automatically?) to
Member.  That was 30 years ago, so I forget whether or not dues increased
also.

Having hit the magic (?) age of 65 and being eligible for Life Membership in
ASCE, I now find that even that "privilege" costs you.  ASCE has instituted
a $25.00 a year "administrative" fee for Life Members.  If you don't pay it,
you are still a Life Member, but do not get the magazine.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona