Wood Design - 'G' shearing Modulus & 'E' elastic Modulus

Can someone provide me with the Shearing Modulus 'G' for OSB panels?

The design problem in the SEAOSC Seminar notes uses an Elastic Modulus for
the Chord of 1,700,000. However, if the chords are constructed from the same
grade of lumber as the walls (stud grade) then the 'E' value for Douglas fir
stud grade should be 1,400,000.

Is this true, or am I missing something in the example?

Dennis Wish PE