Food for thought

In a crowded room, you spot a colleague or friend and have something
specific to say.  Do you

A) Shout from across the room to each other, so that everyone can here you

B) Walk over to him or her, and talk without annoying or involving the rest
of the group.

Given that the answer to this is so obvious, why is everyone "shouting" to
Dennis.  Rather than filling the rest of our ears as in the above scenario,
it is filling our Inbox, and this is equally annoying.

Dave Meney