Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: 97 code[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: 97 code
- From: rui cunha <ruiacunha(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 16:00:53 PDT
falas português' ?
From: "Francisco Duarte" <fduarte(--nospam--at)leasung.com> Reply-To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org> Subject: 97 code Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:47:43 +0100 I would like to read comments about how is the Architectural community reacting to the 97 code specially the seismic chapter. In my case, Architects are crying for the height to width ratio. On another note, we are not using shear walls higher that 8d at 4" o.c. so that we are not required to used 3x. I have been reading about the shrinkage problems that 3x are causing. I am finding myself calling out "hardy frame" or "strong wall" as my shear resistance system. Thank you for any comments Francisco Duarte
______________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
- Prev by Subject: Re: 97 code
- Next by Subject: Re: 97 code
- Previous by thread: Re: 97 code
- Next by thread: Re: 97 code