Re: 97 code

Mike,
my impression is that the architects don't give a damn. They are not willing
to comprimise their aesthetic design to allow for more shear. Instead they
expect us to work for the same small fee's to provide them the skyhooks that
are needed to make their work stand.
I have tried to impress upon my local designers how tough the new code has
become and how they need to consider the impact on their designs. Their
response has simply to ignore it and let me wrestle with it as long as it
does not jepordize the  loss of one foot of window facing a mountain or golf
course.

Dennis

In a message dated 7/7/99 7:45:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Mlcse(--nospam--at)aol.com