Re: plastic concrete reinforcing chairs

?Has anyone used plastic concrete reinforcing support chairs? How well do
they function? The contractor
on a large school project has asked  to change from the specified steel
chair reinforcing supports
to plastic chair reinforcing supports. The brand he wants to use is Aztec
E-Z Chair. He sent a
sample and one cut sheet. The cut sheet does not indicate the load capacity,
cold or hot weather
performance. The contractor says that there is no difference in cost. I have
found no information
in Sweets or on the Internet on this company or plastic chairs. I will
require more information
from the contractor. The sample seems to have geometry that would cause
voids in the concrete.

Thank you!
Hermon F. Fox, P. E.