Re: Diaphragm Calculations

Thanks for the Information Mike.

Mike, I would normally step back and apologize for being so strict in my
expectation - but this is no longer a debate - it is something I am required
by Law to have a full understanding of.  I feel that both of these gentlemen
have known about our discussions on the list for over a year and have taken
little effort to help clarify something that they taught us in their seminar
examples. The agenda for this seminar clearly lists them as "Technical
Information and Design Examples" - this means to me that the explanation of
this information is comming directly from representatives of the Wood
Subcommittee of the Seismology Committee as stated on the cover of the
manual. This essentially makes them our teachers responsible for our
understanding of the formulas we are required to follow. There is a
responsiblity attached to that and someone needs to own up it.
Somewhere, somehow, someone must stand up and take responsiblity for their
participation in this new methodology for wood. With all due respect, Bill
and Doug have made themselves the professional icons for wood design by the
nature of their participation in both the committee and as technical advisers
in the seminar. They are our conduits on this Listservice which we hoped
would help answer our concerns and so far there has not been much response.

Respectfully,
Dennis S. Wish PE

In a message dated 7/8/99 1:09:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time, Mlcse(--nospam--at)aol.com